Wednesday, June 29, 2005

When our SIN is gone!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Manila Cathedral (Intramuros)

Jaime Lachica Cardinal Sin, I guess each and every one of us knows him, he's not just a religious icon but a public figure as well. He's been a great part of our history, I admire him for uniting the people to stand together and fight for our freedom. He's a modern day hero who has a powerful voice wherein everybody believes in his powerful words.

It was Monday night when i got to visit the burial of the late Manila Archbishop Jaime Cardinal Sin, i get off early at office, eventhough I'm undertime, because it was very unfortunate that I wasn't able to wake-up early that day, it seems like, my faith is testing the courage that i have to go there, much worse that i missed riding the crewing shuttle bus, so I really settled to commute from Manila to Cavite, but since my mind are all set to really visit the remains of our late cardinal at the Manila Cathedral, I got my work done early, so that i could get off at 4:45pm and this time I didn't fail, I arrived in our house past 8pm already, I ate my dinner and immediately head my way in Intramuros where the cathedral is located. As expected there are lots of people like me who wanted to take a glimpse at the Cardinal, it took me more or less 1 hour to finally get in front of his casket, but its all worthy, Cardinal Sin's face is very peaceful, you won't feel any sadness or any sign of grief when you've seen him. I guess he really died peacefully. I leave the cathedral at around 10pm but the people queued outside seems to doubled, if i would estimate the number of people falling in line, its around 600, that was the time when I'm already done visiting the casket, what more the ones who get there early and the ones who will still be visiting him that night because that was his last night of burial, June 28 (Tuesday) was his state funeral.

We will be missing him, but we all know that he'll be joining our Lord above, I guess he've finally done his mission while he was still living and no doubt that he'll be greatly remembered by each and every one of us!

Hail to his Eminence Jaime Cardinal SIn!
HAIL! HAIL! HAIL!

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Ver said...

I was almost at Manila Cathedral last Saturday afternoon. Pero ngayon ko lang nalaman (dito sa blog mo) na Cardinal Sin has already passed away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<-----mrug5----->