Monday, August 01, 2005

Luckilus Reptilus

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


That is not the scientific name of this lizard, don’t ask me because I do not know the answer. This is a local iguana, my pet, I have it since January 2003, more than 2 1/2 years already. It is more or less 3 ft. in length including the tail. Most of my relatives consider it as a bad luck but not for me because since I bought I’ve encountered lot of good lucks. I won’t enumerate it anymore.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


After I bathe my iguana, I usually go out of our house to seek for sunlight to parch my iguana and when people got to see it they will always ask me these questions:

Ano yan?
Nangangagat ba yan?
Anong kinakain nyan?

And here I my answers:

Iguana po!
Hawakan nyo po” (he/she will back off..hahaha)
Mga gulay po

Having heard of my answers still I’ll see their face in disbelief..hmmm..i can’t blame them, I guess they can’t say “Pasensya na wala kasi sa bundok nyan.” (hahaha).

I fed my iguana with veggies, particularly cabbage and carrots, but based from my experienced its favorite is the latter. After taking a bath I cut its fingernails, ohhh, claws rather because its too pointed. You might be asking why I have that kind of pet, here’s my answer, I love animals very much, it doesn’t matter whether it is a mammal, bird, fish, reptile or even amphibians. I’ve already owned each of them.

I wish to have a Burmese python and Siberian tiger someday..hehehehe

5 Comments:

At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i have its offspring? *bratt*

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

interesting pet!
sa mt manabo may nagtitinda ng igwana, nahawakan ko nga mga 3 inches for 250-300 pesos ata. naisip ko nga sanang bumili pero natatakot ako sa DENR kasi bawal manghuli o kumuha ng wilds sa bundok.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Ver said...

Myk, pano ka nagkaroon niyan? Gusto ko din sanang magkaron ng pet pero baka mapabayaad ko. Gusto ko din ng python pero baka mag-alisan yung mga tao dito sa bahay. Hehehe.

 
At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im amazed! i used to see you here in analog and never did i expect na iguana yung makakahiligan mong alagaan as pet..astig!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger ebirdie said...

sir, i think that is not an iguana but a young Philippine sail fin dragon. basde on the photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<-----mrug5----->